The short mission statement of Love In the Name of Christ is: “Helping Churches Help People.”
Yes, Love INC is a ministry to help people… but, it is also much more than that. Because the actual helping is done by Christians from our local churches, Love INC is here to minister to and through those volunteers. It is a blessing to work alongside them. As we talk with them, pray with them, and watch them serve, it is evident that:
• There is great joy among them,
• There is a deep sense of awe and gratitude in them,
• There is much laughter and delight shared by them!
In Luke 10, Jesus sent out 72 workers into the harvest field to live among those in need. The passage says the 72 returned with JOY! Joy in witnessing the power of God to change lives. As they shared their stories with Jesus, it says he also was filled with joy through the Holy Spirit. Isn’t that a beautiful picture? The 72 are obedient to go out and share the Good News, and as they return with joy recounting their travels, Jesus is overcome with joy!
Yes, Love INC exists to serve the needs of those in Oceana County, but HOW Love INC exists is by believers stepping out in obedience to love their neighbor. They are serving the downtrodden, bringing hope to the hopeless and living out their faith among the poor. And in that obedience, there is GREAT JOY!
We are grateful for all those who volunteer with Love In the Name of Christ and look forward to welcoming many more as they take a step of obedience that has the power of God to change lives.
Lori Ray – Executive Director
Sue Beckman – Church Engagement Coordinator
Below are a couple of bulletin announcements. Thank you for helping us communicate with those in our Oceana County churches.
News from Love INC:
Manager needed for Love INC Thrift Store: Do you enjoy the fun of resale? Love INC has an opening for a part-time thrift store manager. Responsible and motivated persons who are committed Christ-followers are encouraged to apply. Call 861-5619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive an application.
Volunteer Opportunities: There is strength in Unity! At Love INC we are bringing believers from our Oceana County Christian churches together to serve our neighbors in need. Our community is being impacted for Christ by believers coming together with the desire to help others using their God-given talents and abilities. If you feel God is calling you to serve we would love to help you get connected. Current opportunities include:
• Allies to walk alongside participants in our Transformational Ministry Program (a weekly small group experience focusing on different life skills). If you know how to be a friend, you will make a great ally!
• Facilitators for the TM Program – using our curriculum or something you have knowledge in and would enjoy teaching/leading.
• Helpers for the Love INC Thrift Store, including cashiers, donation sorters, display creators and much more.
• Intake volunteers to meet with those in our community experiencing need.
For more information on all of these opportunities contact the office at 231-861-5619 or email info@loveincoceana. Training is provided for all volunteer positions.