8/6 – Edith Bogart
8/13 – Carol Adams
8/20 – Kathy Ohman
8/27 – Joyce Twiss
• Mark your calendars and save the date of September 9th at 5:00 pm. The Petersons will be hosting a bonfire/open house at their new home in Pentwater.
• We will be hosting the Reebok Ragnar Relay race again this year on Sept. 29th or 30th.
• Our Church Conference will be held October 15th at 1:30 pm and will be held at the Montague UMC. (SPRC will be meeting on the 14th also.)
• Movies/potlucks will be starting again in the fall.
• Card making parties will be held periodically. Check with Carol Adams if interested.
More information on each of these events will be coming as their dates draw nearer.
Strawberry Social and Bake Sale
Hello all you strawberry lovers! It is nearly time for our annual Strawberry Social and bake sale. The UMW ladies have checked the sign-up sheets and I believe we are ready! The set-up day is Wednesday the 9th at 1 PM. Thursday, get your aprons on, mixing bowls out, and make your favorite breads, rolls, or treats for the gals to sell. Individual serving sizes always do well.
Some of the early prep gals will be at the church by 4 PM on Friday, when strawberries rule the day! A reminder to all you volunteers, check the sign-up sheets to review what you are doing, the time, and what day.
Thank you to the men who gave of your time and talent to build a storage building to house the lawnmower that was donated to CUMC. Thank you also to the person who donated the lawnmower, making it easier for the men who mow. It is because of the generosity of people like you, and many others in our congregation, that CUMC is able to maintain such a positive financial status.
To my church family,
I want to thank the entire congregation for the plant, card, and money presented to me in honor of administrative assistant day. It is very much appreciated and warms my heart to know how much you care. I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and our awesome God.
Thanks and blessings!!!!!